The Star News Network
is a Family of Digital Newspapers
At each of the Star News sites, our daily coverage features articles reporting news, politics, and policy at the state level. We round out our daily coverage with national stories and thoughtful commentary of interest to our readers.
Star News Digital Media’s first title – The Tennessee Star – launched in February, 2017.
Since then the company has launched four additional titles in Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia.
The Star News Education Foundation is a non-profit corporation founded in December 2019 by the management team of Star News Digital Media, Inc. for the purpose of returning K-12 education in the United States to its former status as best in the world by 2030.
The foundation focuses on improving 7 key areas first identified in the Star News Digital Media Statement of Principles on K-12 Education published in October 2019.
1. Direct Instruction is the most effective way to teach the basics of reading, writing, and arithmetic to K-5 Students, and it should become the preferred teaching methodology in all elementary schools in America.
2. Individual and local sovereignty and accountability should become the required standard for public school governance. School choice must be available to all citizens respecting the right of parents to make the best decisions for their children.
3. The objective of every high school in America should be to equip every student with skills that make them capable of economic self-sufficiency by the day they receive their high school diploma.
4. Civics and the Constitution should be required learning for everyone.
5. Shop Class (learning how to make things, build things and fix things) should be required for everyone, because developing a vocational skill is the starting point of economic self-sufficiency.
6. Home Economics (Consumer Sciences) should be required for everyone, because economic self-sufficiency begins with these skills as well.
7. Classical Curriculum, which instructs students based on the values and ideas of Western civilization, is the most effective way to develop thinkers and virtuous leaders in grades 6-12, and should be the preferred standard in all secondary schools. Character formation and the respect for human dignity nurtured in students through this curriculum provides the backbone for a civil society.
The foundation accomplishes its objectives through the publication and distribution of K-12 textbooks, conducting competitive events, awarding scholarships, and conducting professional development training for teachers, parents, school board members and school administrators.
Read more about The Star News Education Foundation at starnewseducationfoundation.org.
CEO & Editor-in-Chief
Michael Patrick Leahy
CTO & Executive Editor
The senior management team of Star News Digital Media are the majority shareholders of the company.
95 White Bridge Road Suite 207 – Nashville, Tennessee 37205 – phone: 615-538-8526